- TYPE - Twin engine five-seat amphibian remanufactured from components from Republic RC-3 Seabee single engine amphibians.
- WINGS - Shoulder wing strut-braced monoplane. Wing span is increased by 6 ft. A three feet wing section with engine mountings is installed at each side of fuselage. Original Seabee wings are used for outer wing sections.
- HULL - Single step all metal structure. Hull below cabin floor has series of watertight compartments. To improve stability and C of G, hull length is increased by 3 ft with the addition of a plug aft of cabin. Two additional circular windows are added to rear cabin.
- TAIL UNIT - Rudder area is increased for better directional control. Rudder trim-tab area is increased.
- LANDING GEAR - Hydraulically retractable main wheels, mechanically retracted tail wheel. Oleo-pneumatic shock-struts.
- ENGINES - Two 180 hp Lycoming fuel injected four cylinder horizontally-opposed engines mounted above wing leading edges and driving two-bladed tractor propellers. The original Seabee fuel tank of 85 US gal capacity remains in the keel compartment below rear cabin floor. An auxiliary 16 US gal fuel tank is installed in the tail, just below tailplane.
- ACCOMMODATION - Cabin seats five (+ one), four indiviual seats in two front rows, a bench seat aft.
|Manufacturer: ||STOL Aircraft Corporation |
Noorwood, MA 02062
|Model: ||UC-1 Twin Bee |
|FAA Approved Type Certificate No: ||A6EA (25 June 1965) |
|Wing Span: ||43.33 ft |
|Length Overall: ||31.25 ft |
|Max Height: ||10.16 ft |
|Wing Area: ||225 sq ft |
|Wheel Base: ||186 in |
|Wheel Thread: ||90 in |
|Engines: ||Lycoming IO-360-B1D |
|Power: ||180 hp at 2 700 RPM |
|Propellers: ||2 x Hartzell HC-C2YK-2RB/7666A-2 |
72 in CS feathering
|Power Loading: ||10.55 lbs/hp |
|Wing Loading: ||16.89 lbs/sq ft |
|Fuel Capacity: ||101 US gal |
|Oil Capacity (per engine): ||2 US gal |
|Empty Weight: ||2 500 lbs |
|Gross Weight: ||3 800 lbs |
|Max. Speed at S/L: ||147 mph |
|Cruise Speed (75 % pwr) at S/L: ||131 mph |
|Cruise Speed (75 % pwr) at 6800 ft: ||140 mph |
|Stall Speed (Ldg. Config.) pwr off: ||49 mph |
|Stall Speed (Ldg. Config.) pwr on: ||38 mph |
|Never Exceed Speed Vne: ||166 mph |
|Maneuvering Speed Vp: ||131 mph |
|Maximum Structural Cruising Speed Vno: ||132 mph |
|Flep Extended Speed Vfe: ||105 mph |
|Min. Directional Control Speed Vmc: ||58 mph |
|Initial Rate of Climb: ||1 265 ft/min |
|Fuel Consumption: || gal/hr |
|Ceiling (Absolute): ||19 000 ft |
|Ceiling (Absolute) - one engine: ||3 900 ft |
|TO run (land): ||375 ft |
|TO distance to 50 ft AGL: ||600 ft |
|TO time (water): ||11 sec |
|Range (55% pwr) - no reserve: || 900 miles |
UC-1 Twin Bee
Drawing © Chris Haag